Full-Stack Front-end Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Are you ready to fundamentally reshape the way the software development industry conceptualizes cloud networking infrastructure?
That is what we do here at AWS Elastic Load Balancing.
Our full-stack Front-end engineers work closely with our product managers and UX designers to present complex networking concepts as approachable, user-friendly constructs. We allow our customers to leverage the power of distributed computing systems without needing to understand advanced networking.
Our web-based UI experience is currently used by thousands of engineers every day to design and debug their load balancing solutions. However, we need to continue to grow our team so that we can optimize this experience, tune the performance and add value for our customers in a way that only AWS can.
You will be responsible for the architecture and implementation of a flexible UI platform that will accommodate the ever evolving needs of our diverse customer base. You will create and contribute to UI components, optimize for cross-browser performance, and own the team's CI/CD system end-to-end.
You will work alongside senior UX designers and UX researchers to analyze user behavior patterns, analytics data and customer feedback. You will use insights from this to advise product managers/owners of the most optimal way to enhance our user experience.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer with a passion for building the right user experience for their customers. Good communication, initiative, and ability to work across teams are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the evolving needs of our customers.
As a senior member of the team, you will:
• Work closely with the product owners, UX designers and other AWS teams to deliver on our team's technical vision
• Influence technical strategy to enable our team to quickly build products that will delight our customers
• Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
• Lead development and launch of core features and products
• Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
• Participate in estimation, sprint planning and agile process iterations
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, TypeScript, Swift, Objective-C, or C++
• Experience in, at least, one of the following frameworks: ReactJS, Redux, RxJS, or Angular.
• Deep understanding of functional programming paradigms
• Experience creating applications backed by AWS services
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Project execution skills including estimating and executing on committed schedules
Back to top