Commerce Platform International Expansion and Entities (IE2) team is seeking a talented, passionate Full Stack developer to guide our team in creating a next generation federated UI platform, from scratch. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of thinking big in terms of architecture not just code, experience building federated components, turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs, as well as implementing those designs in the presentation layer by using smart, clean web development patterns.
The ideal candidate will have experience understanding, mapping, designing, developing, and testing systems that empower users to successfully navigate and manage large asset libraries. UX Design experience is a plus. As a Full Stack Engineer, you have the chance to help develop a new product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. We are looking for an Engineer with experience on both front end interfaces and back end systems.
In this role you will ...
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
• Collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product.
• As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product goals, and developing best practices.
• You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
• You will design and develop MVC based web applications.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Design Amazon scale tools to facilitate internal business.
• Build highly available, secure, Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
• Mentor other developers.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Design and build Micro services
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline
• 5+ years of software development experience
• Fluency with Java, C/C++, or C#
• In-depth knowledge of CS data structures and algorithms
• Strong problem solving ability and object-oriented design skills
• Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing systems
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us