Full Stack Engineer - React/Java
- Palo Alto, CA
Are you passionate about the intersection of cloud computing, mobile applications, BigData analytics, and digital user engagement?
We are looking for front-end engineers who look for the opportunity to design and build large-scale applications with global impact. You will get a unique opportunity to build full-stack applications in the mobile and web spaces at AWS scale. Our service is built on different AWS services including Cognito, Lambda, API Gateway, S3, Kinesis, EMR, Redshift, Dynamo, SNS, Athena, and QuickSight.
You will build web applications that leverage big data technology and machine learning to improve user engagement with mobile apps and web applications. The messaging and targeting applications you build will power the world's leading social media, gaming, sports, educational, and consumer applications. You will work closely with Product Management to best address our customers' needs and help shape the product for success by creating engaging and dynamic experiences.
What does it take to succeed in this role?
You need to be creative, responsible, and able to dive deep into emerging web, mobile, and AWS technologies. You will think about business opportunities, operational issues, architectural diagrams, and the customer perspective in the course of a single conversation. You have a deep mastery of programming languages, front-end application development, and performance engineering. Someone who makes the team both productive and fun to work in. Excited to learn from others while bringing your own novel capabilities and perspectives. Our team members thrive in a hands-on environment where everyone actively participates in product definition, technical architecture review, iterative development, code review, and operations.
Our customers are innovators, and you will have the chance to work with them to understand their challenges and design new offerings. Together, we'll shape not just our own products, but the direction of the industry.
Amazon Pinpoint makes it easy to run targeted campaigns to improve user engagement. Pinpoint helps you understand your users' behavior, define who to target, what messages to send, when to deliver them, and tracks the results of the campaign. Pinpoint enables real-time analytics with dashboards for analyzing user engagement, monetization, user demographics, custom events, and funnels so you can understand how users engage with your application. You can analyze and understand your user data by drilling down based on the segments you've defined, segmentation attributes, or time.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Learn more about our business at https://aws.amazon.com/pinpoint/.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's or Master's or equivalent years of experience
• 2+ years of web application code design and architecture
• Proficient in 1 or more front-end frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, or Vue)
• Practical knowledge of 1 or more core languages (e.g. Java, C++, Python, Ruby, or Node.js)
• Proficient in 1 or more version control software platforms (e.g. git, Subversion, Mercurial)
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly usable web interfaces
• Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
• Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Design expertise and experience with UI and workflow prototyping tools
• Strong web development experience for 3rd party developer use or console work
• Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
• Knowledge of usability principles, cross-browser compatibility, and HTML document architecture
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top