We are building innovative customer solutions to not only delight our retail customers but solve some of today's limitations in e-commerce. We are scaling our existing experience and adding new initiatives. We strive to better understand our customers and meet their needs.
We are a smart, respectful, and data-driven family working with technologies including Amazon's UX frameworks, Amazon Web Services, and the mobile shopping experience. This is your opportunity to make decisions that impact millions of customers and learn how Amazon runs its retail business. You will partner with our product team and drive the technical direction, striking a balance between engineering excellence, time-to-market, and building a system with future vision in mind.
If you love building software and care about delivering the right solution for customers, this is your opportunity to thrive! Let's have fun while making history.
About our team The Hardlines Customer Experience team (HCX) builds the software that makes it fun and engaging to shop for everything from tires to smart security systems to spa filters. By understanding customer intent, we make it easy to find the most suitable product, and by understanding their interests, we delight customers with products that feel handpicked by a personal assistant. We are software developers, designers, scientists, and product managers working on big, interesting customer opportunities.
#hcx #HCXTech #ReinventRetail
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Strong OO programming and design skills with understanding of common design patterns;
• Experience translating business requirements into operational systems;
• Ability to propose creative and elegant solutions to complex technical problems;
• Commitment to operational excellence: building low-defect systems that are user-friendly with low operational burden;
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: design, testing, implementation, operational support;
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technical field, or commensurate professional experience.
• Experience building large-scale distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Experience with Linux development
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Passion for understanding ambiguous, complex problems and driving high-quality, innovative, clean technical solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication