Full Stack Developer
- Boston, MA
The Amazon Macie team is looking for a strong software engineer to help build the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. The fully managed service continuously monitors data access activity for anomalies, and generates detailed alerts when it detects risk of unauthorized access or inadvertent data leaks. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Engineer who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of objects and petabytes of information. The candidate will get opportunity to lead and contribute to the expansion of Macie's core classification capabilities. The preferred candidate will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment, writing high performance code that is scalable and maintainable. They will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (related field) or equivalent work experience
• Minimum of five years software development experience in a combination of any of the following languages: C++, Java, C#, Python or Ruby
• Minimum of five years experience working with Linux operating system development
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix tools and architecture
• Strong knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols
• Some experience with security tools such as intrusion detection, log analysis, and network scanning.
• Breadth of experience covering the "stack" of front-end web user interfaces and web servers through to back-end analysis and storage systems
• Highly proficient in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Strong understanding of object-oriented design and implementation experience
• Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications at massive scale
• A person that thrives and succeeds in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast
• Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
**For additional information or to send your resume directly, please email email@example.com
Back to top