Does the challenge of designing Front-end for scalable big-data systems that detect and prevent advanced security threats excite you? Do you enjoy working in an agile entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions?
The Security Intelligence team, part of Consumer Cloud Security at Amazon, enables the monitoring of and response to malicious activity on the Amazon network. We are seeking a Front-End Software Development Engineer who is excited to work on a talented team to solve challenging problems related to protecting Amazon and our customer's data. Our challenges are broad and deep -- we need to build a flexible, secure, scalable, high-performance and robust security platform with a user friendly interface. The platform provides a set of services that enable our security engineers and analysts to detect and respond to malicious activity on our network. The platform processes massive quantities of data to produce actionable security intelligence by enabling advanced threat matching, graph modeling, statistical and machine learning techniques. We protect customer data from adversaries that want it.
What you'll be doing:
• Designing and developing Front-End for scalable applications driven by Big Data technologies
• Writing fully testable, high quality code using SOLID principles
• Driving our team's architecture and technology roadmap
• Being responsible for overall system architecture, scalability, availability, reliability, and performance
• Helping to improve metric and log aggregation capabilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
• 3+ years' experience in Front-End development
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
• 5+ years of professional front end development.
• Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
• Strong UX design skills
• Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences