Come and be part of the SageMaker Algorithms team! Help us expand our team charter to enrich the user experience and content that customers have access to on the Amazon SageMaker platform!
With Machine Learning, businesses now ask our machines to do more than repetitive, strictly-defined tasks. We are taking it one step further and have begun to ask them to not only learn on their own but to also interpret data and report to the customer before they even knew they needed it. It's a step in history for you to be a part of.
We are a diverse team of applied scientists and machine learning engineers who experiment, research, and turn machine/deep learning and AI research into great products for our customers. As a frontend engineer on the team, you will be responsible for bootstrapping a team to build out new products that helps us further our vision to democratize Artificial Intelligence.
You will work in a fast-paced environment and do everything from determining priorities, designing features, automating testing, and mentoring others. The best candidates show true end-to-end ownership. In this role, you will be responsible for working with engineers, UX designers, and product managers across teams to develop friendly UI experiences. You will help to define best practices in software architecting and build a highly efficient and skilled team that will own the frontend of a fast-growing AWS service. You will also influence and help shape the growth of our team and our organization.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.]
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 5+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies.
• Experience building tools for data scientists or developers.
• Attuned design sense to collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us