How would you like to design and launch new features to help customers build and manage their mission-critical global applications? The AWS Route 53 team is looking for exceptional front-end engineers to be part of a world class team who own the design and development of all new Route 53 Console features and services.
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and about running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have deep experience defining new technical products, sometimes from ambiguous requirements.
Successful candidates will enjoy working closely with product, UX, and service engineers to build elegant web applications that delight customers. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Experience with web services and online technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience building on-top of service-oriented architectures
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us."
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age