Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides developers and their organizations with foundational web services and products that enable them to innovate faster and to operate their software more cost effectively. AWS Identity teams are building secure identity, authentication, authorization, and governance systems for the AWS Cloud. Identity is foundational for access management to services in the cloud, and the Identity User Experience and Console team focuses on making it easier for AWS customers to manage governance at scale. Our mission is to create extraordinary user interfaces that empower experienced developers and IT administrators to have fine-grained control over their environments and security, while being simple enough for less-technical users to ensure they are protecting their data and resources.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
If you have a passion for how web applications should be built, are interested in upcoming web standards, and care about making it easier to secure data and applications of all different sizes and types, we'd love to talk to you!
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Web applications design and development experience
• Several years of experience in a software or web development role
• Experience developing with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. React.JS, AngularJS, or Vue)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
• Experience driving software projects, including design and implementation and delivery/deployment.
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. PHP, Ruby)
• Understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Excellent problem solving ability
• Understanding of best testing practices
• Familiarity with security technology and concepts (Authentication, Authorization, Single sign-on, Cryptography, etc.)
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.