Front-End Engineer II, Amazon Embark
- Detroit, MI
We're reinventing the new hire experience at Amazon. Would you like to join us?
Our team owns Embark a tool that is Amazon's one-stop-shop for all things on-boarding. We're looking for a talented Front-End Engineer who's excited to help us improve the new hire experience at Amazon.
Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features, designing the system architecture, and promoting code quality and best practices.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
• 3+ years experience building successful production software systems.
• Bachelors Degree in CS or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Familiar with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and socket APIs in general.
• An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience in full stack development with focus on front-end.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails, React, Redux, and NPM.
• Strong DevOps and AWS architecture skills (CloudFormation, RDS, ELB, Docker).
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, UX designers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Back to top