Would you like to help customers build and manage their mission-critical global applications? AWS Edge Services are looking for exceptional front-end engineers to be part of the Route 53 Application Recovery Controller team, a new service within the Route 53 family (https://aws.amazon.com/route53/application-recovery-controller/).
You should be somebody who is passionate about customers, and running a highly available distributed platform on the Internet. You must enjoy a close-knit team environment of shared responsibility. The ideal candidate will have strong technical background and have deep experience defining new technical products from ambiguous requirements.
Successful candidates will enjoy working closely with product, UX, and service engineers to build elegant web applications that delight customers. You will thrive in a highly collaborative, creative, analytical, and fast-paced environment and are comfortable interacting with highly technical software and networking development teams.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Master's degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics)
• Strong computer science fundamentals, data structures, algorithm design and problem solving skills
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems.
• Experience with web services and online technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Experience building on-top of service-oriented architectures
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us."
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age