Front-End Engineer II
- Seattle, WA
The Consumer Incident Management team drives programs and software initiatives to ensure the Amazon customer experience is indistinguishable from perfect. If technical services experience any degradation, our systems help facilitate and orchestrate the recovery, bringing together multiple data streams to expedite decision making and resolution. Purpose-designed visualizations and tools save us precious minutes when we're working together to minimize customer impact. Consumer Incident Management tools are primarily web applications but also include some back-end business data processing services using a variety of technologies.
As a Front-End Engineer on the Consumer Incident Management team, you will design and build SOLID, extensible and highly interactive front-end systems using modern frameworks in an agile environment. You will actively invest in automated testing strategies and you hold your team accountable to do the same. You will obsess over the customer needs, participate in high-level design conversations, and be a part of establishing the feature direction for what the team builds. Your work will have a broad audience ranging from engineers to executives so you'll need to learn the broad technical landscape at Amazon and create compelling solutions and UX.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front-end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React/Vue.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Capable with bidirectional web technologies such as WebSocket, SignalR, or Socket.IO,
• Programming experience with common back-end OO language such as Java, .NET Core, or Python
• Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
• Strong UX design skills
• Familiarity with DevOps and availability-driven practices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with non-technical users, partner teams, and senior leadership to understand needs, explain technical designs, and describe software features & strategy
• Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate
• Experience participating in on-call rotations for systems availability
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top