- New York, NY
Come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The SCM team is responsible for building inventory and warehouse management systems that enable control of our global footprint for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to ensure physical and financial control of inventory. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
The Role: Amazon Web Services (AWS) Infra team is looking for an experienced Web Developer Engineers to join DC.SC.oS team and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed full of opportunities. In this role, you will work with other engineers, other web developers, product managers, and UX designers to conceptualize and create responsive and usable web interfaces.
Creating the perfect user experience in a web environment requires a blend of technical knowledge, customer obsession and agility. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, protocols and web servers) work together, and understand how they can be effectively used together to create great user experiences. You will work closely with customers to ensure we are delivering interfaces that make it easy to do complex tasks, without making the experience challenging. You will be part of a small, fast moving team that will have a huge impact on the overall business. If employing your skills at scale, and working in a dynamic and delivery focused environment interests you, this is the perfect role.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on web applications
• Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of successfully launched applications
• Experience building data-driven web applications
• Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem.
• UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements.
• Creating usable user interfaces
• Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
• Experience with deployments, dev ops, and / or AWS
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top