- Hyderabad, India
Amazon's eCommerce Foundation (eCF) organization is responsible for the core components that drive the Amazon website and customer experience. Serving millions of customer page views and orders per day, eCF builds for scale. As an organization within eCF, the Business Data Technologies (BDT) group is no exception. We collect petabytes of data from thousands of data sources inside and outside Amazon including the Amazon catalog system, inventory system, customer order system, page views on the website and Alexa systems. We also support Amazon subsidiaries such as IMDB and Audible. We provide interfaces for our internal customers to access and query the data hundreds of thousands of times per day, using Amazon Web Service's (AWS) Redshift, Hive, and Spark. We build scalable solutions that grow with the Amazon business.
BDT is growing, and the data processing landscape is shifting. Our data is consumed by thousands of teams across Amazon including Research Scientists, Machine Learning Specialists, Business Analysts and Data Engineers. BDT team is building an enterprise-wide big data marketplace leveraging AWS technologies. We enable teams at Amazon to produce analytical data in any form of storage (S3, DynamoDB, Aurora, etc.) and process that data using any type of compute environment such as EMR/Spark, Redshift, Athena, and others via a common bus. We are developing innovative products including the next-generation of data catalog, data discovery engine, data transformation platform, and more with state-of-the-art user experience. We're looking for top engineers to build them from the ground up.
• Use technology to solve difficult user interface and front-end engineering problems; all while applying the appropriate technologies, UX patterns, and best practices
• Work closely with Software Engineers, Designers, and Product Managers to deliver features and new solutions to your customers
• Participate in team planning, design, scoping, and prioritization discussions
• Take defined software and UX designs and turn it into working code, using AngularJs and React
• Develop front-end applications that are production-ready, maintainable, organized and testable
• Help drive continued process improvements in development, testing, code maintenance, testing, and product performance
• Help the team stay current with the rapid evolution in user experiences
Come help us build for the future of Big Data!
• Experience with object-oriented design
• 5+ years experience with React and AngularJs
• Experience producing web application prototypes and mockups
• Basic understanding of object-oriented programming languages (Java preferred) and APIs
• Proficient in interface design patterns, view layouts and rendering technologies
Back to top