Frontend Engineer - Data Tools
- San Francisco, CA
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch.
About the Position:
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The Data Infrastructure team develops and operates the data platform that powers data systems. Our data pipe receives over 60 billion events a day, and we forward live data to tens of systems and powering decisions at all levels of Twitch. We provide tools to store, transform, move, and understand data.
As a Fullstack Engineer on the Data Infrastructure team, you will work on different features to help Twitch employees use our data systems. We're looking for experience in both front-end web programming (JS frameworks, tooling, modern browser awareness) and server-side programming (web architecture, SOA, database architecture). You will report to the Engineering Manager for Data Infrastructure.
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance
• 401(k), Maternity and Parental Leave
• Flexible PTO
• Commuter Benefits
• Amazon Employee Discount
• Monthly Contribution and Discounts for Wellness Related Activities and Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages),
• Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner Served Daily
• Free Snacks and Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• Design, build, and maintain performant, responsive and delightful web features
• Specify, implement, and maintain the services to power these features
• Embrace and champion engineering best practices within your group and Twitch
• Produce clean, high-quality code, tests, and documentation
• Participate in code and design reviews with peers and partners
• Contribute engineering input and feedback into product planning processes
• Partner with fellow engineering teams to accomplish complex programs together
• 3+ years experience engineering full stack web applications
• Understanding of HTML, CSS, and experience with React.js
• Familiarity with scalability, concurrency, and API design
• Experience applying quantitative reasoning and UX design principles to building applications
• Experience in growth engineering or similar product-oriented discipline
• Experience writing Go or python in production systems
• You are a Twitch user yourself
Back to top