Come and be part of the AWS Directed Work team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Directed Work systems are at heart of ensuring that we can provide our customers with the right computing services, in the right region, at the right time! The AWS Directed Work team is responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the physical work processes that occur inside all of AWS' global datacenters. Our talented team of datacenter engineers depend on our systems to perform their work safely, securely, efficiently, and free of defects, resultant in finished products being ready for AWS customer-facing utilization. Our team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud infrastructure business.
As AWS launches new offerings to our datacenters, the AWS Directed Work team is looking for an experienced Web Development Engineer who is excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM and Workforce Management systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape our ERP and SCM technologies, products and business.
• 2+ years of hands on software development in any modern object oriented language : Java/Ruby/C++/C# or equivalent
• Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or alternatively 5+ years relevant industry software development experience
• Industry experience building highly available, distributed services
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their abilities in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.