- Seattle, WA
Want to help make history in the world of big data and make it easy for customers to efficiently query and analyze petabytes and more of data? Come join the Amazon Athena team in AWS!
We are developing innovative new capabilities from the ground up that will transform the way customers analyze their data while also giving them high performance, low costs, and exceptional ease-of-use. We are a small, entrepreneurial team that operates independently, but with access to some of the top engineers in our field across AWS.
We are looking for talented and creative front end engineers to build and launch new features for our next-generation cluster management system, better developer productivity and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data. You'll partner closely with multiple teams and product managers to enable capabilities to one of the most used AWS frontend services. Successful candidates are enthusiastic about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions. You are comfortable and enjoy building simple and elegant systems
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.]
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience with modern programming languages (Java, C#, Python) and open-source technologies.
• Experience building tools for developers.
• Attuned design sense so can collaborate with UX designers and hold a high bar with "backend" SDE's.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top