Come, join us to build the best user-experience for AWS!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is one of Amazon's fastest growing businesses. We are passionate about thinking big, innovating on behalf of our customers, and tackling problems at scale. Cloud computing is disrupting, and we are eagerly seeking talented, entrepreneurial-minded individuals to join us as we continue build on the AWS platform. AWS is the largest cloud provider in the world, serving nearly 1/3 of all internet traffic. One in two of our customers come to us for help creating the future of the internet, and you will own the customer experience for the cloud based tools they use.
AWS Systems Manager team is looking for you - a curious and motivated engineer building a great user-experience for our customers around the world. We own a large-scale distributed Amazon Web Service that helps our customers manage and operate their own applications and infrastructure in the cloud.
Where can I learn about Systems Manager ?
• Official Systems Manager Page (https://aws.amazon.com/systems-manager/)
• AWS Management Tools Blog (https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/mt/)
• Videos on AWS Youtube Channel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwS8lssaY_k&list=PLhr1KZpdzukeH5jKyYi55ef9tEWAllypB)
• reInvent 2017 Session - Embrace DevOps and Learn How to Automate Operations (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS8cuSLXNi4).
In this role, you will design and create delightful user-experiences for AWS Systems Manager console. Your solutions are secure and accessible and aware of user hardware constraints. You will collaborate with the backend developers and the Product team and apply your creative and critical problem solving skills to write high quality and scalable software.
We are constantly improving our product and UX. We would like to build a rock-solid low-latency frontend console with you, that makes our service an even more powerful tool for our users.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front-end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• MS or PHD in Computer Sciences or related field.
• Experience building and operating scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems
• We are looking for developers with experience building large scale front-end applications and application architecture, therefore knowledge of another language such as Ruby, Python, Java, or any other is preferred.
• Interest in user-experience and usability
• Knowledge of SVG or charting libraries, e.g. D3.js
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.