- Seattle, WA
AWS' marketing department is re-imagining blogging. With nearly a thousand authors inside Amazon already actively using our legacy blogging solution, we are designing and building a brand new blogging platform from the ground up that will allow AWS evangelists to promote products and services at AWS' unique scale. We have a front-row seat to the company's newest products and services, and we build our software with only the most progressive, scalable and maintainable technologies.
This job designs, codes, tests, documents, and supports the front-end components of the content authoring and customer-facing experience for our new evangelist blogging platform.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Programming experience with modern web technologies, including React, Angular, Vue or similar technologies.
• Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the front-end design (UX, architecture, design patterns and reliability) of new and current single page applications.
• Mastery with ReactJS, AngularJS, Typescript, Redux, Cypress/Mocha/Chai
• Comfortable with Linux command line including Git
• Interest or experience with API Gateway, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, Elasticsearch, and Kibana
• Interest or experience in designing and/or creating APIs.
• Interest or experience in GraphQL.
• Active on Github, StackOverflow or other similar communities
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top