- Seattle, WA
Amazon delights millions of customers around the world. Meet the behind the scenes team that enables our Operations and Human Resource Leaders to make informed decisions. The Amazon PeopleInsight team builds reporting and analytics tools for our teams that fulfill customer promise every day. Whether it is Fulfillment Center team that delivers your Prime order in two days, our Amazon Locker team that lets you pick up your package anytime that is convenient for you, our Prime Now team getting you lunch in under an hour, or one of many more, the PeopleInsight group is there providing people metrics along the employee life-cycle for our global operations businesses. In addition to standard reporting, we leverage predictive analytics using ML to help our leaders focus their efforts in ways that will engage, retain and grow their associates.
We are now looking for a Front End Engineer!
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will work as a Front End Engineer using the latest AWS and front end technologies to build responsive, cutting edge UI applications. You will work as part of a sustainable paced agile team and will play a technical hands on leadership role in your team giving you the responsibility, authority and autonomy to succeed. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development using the latest technologies and design patterns.
Come join us to shape the future of people data at Amazon!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
• 3+ years of web application design and development experience.
• Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
• Experience with building rich web applications.
• Understanding of web services technologies such as REST, SOAP, HTTP. • Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
• Experience with modern tools and environments (e.g. web services, version control systems, bug/issue tracking tools)
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices including coding standards, unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience translating UX design mockups, prototypes and user stories into working solutions.
• Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns.
• Experience with GraphQL. • Demonstrated passion for user experience and improving usability.
Back to top