- Seattle, WA
Want to empower developers to build the next generation of applications, powered by AI? If the answer is yes - read on!
If you are passionate about new technology trends in machine learning, cloud services and believe that state-of-the-art product is critical to customer success we would like to talk to you.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Learn and use advanced technologies
• Collaborate with internal engineering teams, leading technology companies around the world and open source community
• Develop Deep Learning tools and APIs
• Create innovative products, and see them launched in high volume production
As member of the Deep Learning engineering team in AWS AI, you will be working with cross-functional teams, customers and open source community to build Deep Learning tools and APIs.
This position within the Deep Learning team presents a unique and rare opportunity to work on cutting edge technologies, and get in on the ground floor within a fast growing business shaping the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring strong technical and software expertise, ability to learn new problem spaces and come up with innovative solutions and collaborate with a broad group of engineers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.]
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or the equivalent).
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in software development
• Proficiency in full stack development, with experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks - React, Angular, JQuery etc., Electron, UI Test Automation frameworks.
• Skilled in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• Good Coding skills in any one of the languages - Java, C++ or C#
• Good problem solving skills and knowledge of data structures, algorithms and object-oriented design
• 3+ years of relevant work experience in full stack development•
• Experience designing, building and operating large-scale distributed systems and web service
• Experience with relational and/or non-relational database systems.
• Track record of successfully delivering projects as part of an agile software development team
• Experience with building applied Machine Learning applications
• Strong design skills around the user experience. Eye for design and attention to detail. Experience with responsive web design.
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns.
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Back to top