- Chennai, India
Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including our next-generation cluster management system, improvements for real-time processing of big data, and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.]
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information:
• AWS re:Invent 2017 Amazon EMR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CAWf9VDgFM
• AWS re:Invent 2017 Keynote - Andy Jassy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IxDLeFQKPk
• AWS Big Data Blog: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/
• AWS EMR: https://aws.amazon.com/emr/
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• 2+ years of hands on software development in any modern object oriented language : Java/Ruby/C++/C# or equivalent
• Strong computer science fundamentals in design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience
• Solid system design and architecture experience.
• Ability to lead and focus a team of experienced engineers, leading them to a common technical goal.
• Ability to resolve conflicts and technical disagreements while leading the team to the optimal solution
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment.
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Experience using Amazon Web Services desirable
• Passion for building a rich and innovative user experience
• Demonstrable track record as an owner: someone who can take a concept and make it real.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement.
Back to top