- Arlington, VA
The AWS Infrastructure group is responsible for procuring, setting up and operating all AWS infrastructure. This includes data center setup, equipment purchase, installation and operation of servers with power and cooling, inventory management and other such decisions. The supply chain planning group within AWS infrastructure is building a new suite of tools to automate all AWS supply chain planning. We are responsible for tactical decision making such as data center operations, demand fulfillment, replenishment, as well a long term decision making like inventory management, network design and others. The solutions we develop are scalable to sustain rapid AWS growth, and also flexible to support the evolving AWS supply chain.
We are looking for a high caliber Front End Engineer who wants to work on challenging, high impact problems. The services we own are responsible for billions of dollars in spend, resulting in us having a huge opportunity to move the needle in a positive direction. The team has a strong group of senior engineering, product, and science talent, so it will be a great place for someone to deliver results, while also learning and progressing their career.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ Years' experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• 3+ Years' of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
• Experience delivering front-end software that is stable, secure and high performant
• Experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• Experience developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (like ReactJS and AngularJS), UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks.
• Experience in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, promises, etc.).
• Experience in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
• Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
• Instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top