- Tempe, AZ
Are you interested in building high quality products that users find super-efficient and powerful? Do you appreciate the craftsmanship that perfects the inside of the fence? If so, please read on about the opportunity to set a new standard for customer facing UI Platform
SES Console Team is part of Digitial User Engagement Organization. We own a tools suite that empower customers to connect with their customers (end users) through various channels like email, SMS, Voice & Push notifications. Digital User Engagement Org owns Pinpoint & Simple Email Service (SES) which offered to AWS Customers. We are forming a new team to build a federated UI platform using micro services. This UI will be used by AWS customers to configure/view settings required for Pinpoint and SES.
The Service Console team is seeking a talented, passionate Front-End developer to guide our team in creating a next generation federated UI platform, from scratch. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of thinking big in terms of architecture not just code, experience building federated components, turning customer needs into elegant, user-centered designs, as well as implementing those designs in the presentation layer by using smart, clean web development patterns. The ideal candidate will have experience understanding, mapping, designing, developing, and testing systems that empower users to successfully navigate and manage large asset libraries. UX Design experience is a plus. As a Front-End Engineer, you have the chance to help develop a new product from the very early stages. We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future. We are looking for an Engineer with experience on both front end interfaces and back end systems.
In this role you will ...
• Help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience.
• Collaborate closely with UX designers, and other SDE team members to help define the scope of the product.
• As an early team member, you will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices.
• You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish your goals.
• You will design and develop MVC based web applications.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Design Amazon scale tools to facilitate internal business.
• Build highly available, secure, Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry.
• Mentor other developers.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Design and build Micro services
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant experience in software engineering
• 5+ years of professional front end development. Strong design skills around the user experience.
• Skilled in developing applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• Experience in at least one front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery and experience in working in any UI Test Automation framework.
• Proficient in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Knows how to instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Experience in taking a project from scoping requirements through launch of the project.
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - primarily React.
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MV*, objects, promises).
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Ability to articulate the risks and benefits of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Back to top