- Hyderabad, India
Jeff Bezos, 2016 Annual Letter to Shareholders: 'India is another example of how we globalize an offering like Marketplace through customer obsession and a passion for invention... We're also globalizing Fulfilment by Amazon, adapting the service to local customer needs. In India, we launched a program called Seller Flex to combine Amazon's logistics capabilities with sellers' selection at the local neighbourhood level.'
Jeff Wilke, Oct, 2017 to BS India: 'All the inventions happening here will find their way to other countries. There are things we invented in India that we are deploying elsewhere, examples being Seller Flex and Easy Ship. These are the ideas we have transferred to other geographies.'
In this role, you will have front row seats to how we are disrupting eCommerce fulfilment and supply chain by offering creative solutions to yet - unsolved problems. We operate like a start-up within the Amazon ecosystem and have proven track record of delivering inventions that work globally. You will be challenged to look at the world through the eyes of our seller customers and think outside the box to build new tech solutions to make our Sellers successful. You will often find yourself building products and services that are new to Amazon and will have an opportunity to pioneer not just the technology components but the idea itself across other Amazon teams and markets.
• Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and deliver high quality technology solutions
• Own development in multiple layers of the stack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture
• Operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack
• Contribute to patents, tech talks and innovation drives
• Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent
• Measure success metrics and influence evolution of the tech product
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science and 5+ years of Software Development experience
• Proven track record of building large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality distributed systems and software products
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Good understanding of AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Lambda, API Gateway, ECR, ECS, Lex etc.
• Excellent coding skills in an object oriented language such as Java and Scala
• Great problem solving skills and propensity to learn and develop tech talent
• Knowledge of machine learning algorithms and serverless architecture.
• Ability to think big about problem statements, recommend alternative technical approaches and build optimal solutions.
• Bar raising tech skills in building next gen customer experiences using technology such as Angular, React JS, Material Design etc
• Sound understanding of putting in place and leading engineering excellence initiatives across team(s) such as design reviews, Bar raising code and COE reviews, CI/CD (e.g. using Hydra, Bones etc), change management etc
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Back to top