Amazon Photos helps consumers preserve and re-live their memories. The service comes with unlimited photo storage for Prime members and apps are available on iOS, Android, Web, Desktop, Fire Tablet & Fire TV. The service is also integrated into Alexa devices such as Echo Show and Echo Spot. Amazon Photos is the latest digital offering to consumers released on the heels of the Amazon Music and Amazon Video offerings. We have ambitious goals to scale growth and adoption of the service around the world and delight our customers with a great product.
We are looking for a Front-End Development Engineer to lead architecture and development for our mobile apps on iOS. This role is a mix of 70% hands-on coding and development and 30% leadership, architecture, and mentoring. In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute significantly to the future of Amazon Photos. You will be part of a strong team in a fast-paced, start-up like environment where agile development is embraced and innovation is encouraged.
• Architect, design, develop and deploy new features for our iOS apps, working with multiple back-end teams.
• Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS apps.
• Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
• Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility.
• Work in an agile / scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules.
• Establish architectural principles, select design patterns, and mentor team members on their appropriate application.
• Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for the iOS development team.
• Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale, factoring in mobile network latency and bandwidth constraints.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of industry experience in Computer Science or equivalent
• Strong Swift or Objective-C developer
• Expert working knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented design
• Expert working knowledge of design patterns
• Strong working knowledge of operating system fundamentals
• Working knowledge of REST service patterns and other client/server interaction models
• Relentless customer focus
• Excellent analytical skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.