Front-End Development Engineer - Computer Vision
- Jersey City, NJ
Are you interested in building state of the art and scalable data platform that will power AWS Machine Learning services making a lasting impact on society?
The AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is expanding to New York City! We are looking for talented software development engineers who has the passion to tackles ambiguous and challenging problems by bringing cutting edge deep learning technologies to customer facing computer vision products like Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) and Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/).
The mission of the AWS Computer Vision Data Platform team is to build an end to end data platform (data collection, selection/active learning, annotation and training) and feature specific annotation tooling to deliver high quality computer vision training datasets at scale. The team owns the systems and pipelines that enable data acquisition, ingestion, classification, visualization, annotation, training and evaluation and active learning.
In Front-end Software Engineer role, you will:
• Operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product
• Design and build scalable UIs
• Partner with research team to innovate and solve Computer Vision problems using ML
• Lead small to midsize complex project from requirements through launch.
• Work closely with data scientists and UX designers to develop the best user experience designs and solutions
• Establish the best processes and drive improvements in design, development and operations.
• Mentor and guide junior engineers on design, coding, troubleshooting and operational excellence
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java/Scala/Go/C#/Python on Unix/Linux.
• Experience in translating design mockups and prototypes into working applications
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Experience with highly distributed systems with focus on the front-end stack development
• Experience with AWS technologies and frameworks.
• Experience developing software using modern frameworks such as AngularJS, React, Spring or Node
• Passion for usability and creating efficient, scalable user interfaces
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in driving operational excellence and software engineering best practices
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations
Back to top