- Seattle, WA
Amazon Detective makes it easy to analyze, investigate, and quickly identify the root cause of potential security issues or suspicious activities. Amazon Detective automatically collects log data from your AWS resources and uses machine learning, statistical analysis, and graph theory to build a linked set of data that enables you to easily conduct faster and more efficient security investigations
Do you want to design and build the next generation of big data security analysis? Systems that display isolated security findings or alerts are showing the tip of the iceberg. Our innovative, graph-based security analytics approach lets users see what's below the waterline.
Analysts ask "I received this security alert - now what?" Our service combines security log data and threat detection events into a single view, providing graph visualizations and algorithms to answer analyst questions, triage, and investigate incidents.
Analysts can use time series analytics to get insight into attacker tactics, and explore incident blast radius. These capabilities are powered by our distinctive security behavior graph - a materialized, pre-joined, aggregated view of activity over time.
The UI is built with cutting edge technologies such as React, Redux, and libraries including ECharts and D3. This is not a "fill in the forms" UI; it is visually expressive, intuitive and unique. A customer-delighting user experience is a central part of our offering, and innovative UI development will be a substantial part of our mission as we continue to develop new features and expand our capabilities.
• BS or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 4+ years of experience in commercial UX/UI development
• Experience with strongly typed programming languages (preferably TypeScript or Java)
• Experience with React and/or Redux
• Experience with graphing/charting libraries such as OGMA, D3, and ECharts
• Experience with Amazon UI technologies such as OrangeBox or Polaris
• Strong proponent of object-oriented design and implementation
• Past work with "canvas-based" user experiences (i.e., more freeform presentations and interactions)
• Outstanding communication skills and a highly collaborative attitude
• Happy working in a fast-paced, goal-oriented culture
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
Please reach out to Fabian Valencia (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top