Are you passionate about improving the developer experience for Mobile Developers? Would you like to enable mobile app developers to create the next generation of cloud-connected mobile apps? Would you like to help mobile app developers unleash the power of Amazon Web Services to make their mobile apps highly scalable, available, capable, and secure?
The AWS Mobile Applications' services include AWS Mobile Hub, AWS Mobile SDK, and AWS Device Farm. Our mission is to expand the toolset and improve the developer experience of mobile app developers by enabling features like Natural Language Processing, User Engagement Analytics, Targeted Push Notifications, Cloud Storage for Files and NoSQL Databases, and Serverless Business Logic leveraging Lambda capabilities, with a simple yet powerful user interface and a core service that automates much of the heavy lifting, so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers. We enable developers to create high-quality apps that are scalable, secure, and highly available by integrating a broad range of AWS services seamlessly into their apps.
The AWS Mobile Applications team is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Senior Web Developer to lead the creation of an innovative new UX as we move Mobile Hub to the next level. This role offers wide scope, autonomy, ownership, and the opportunity to be at the forefront of the AWS Management console design. You'll have a seat at the table and will be counted on to be an influential voice in decisions related to system architecture, feature development, and product strategy. We have an ambitious mission requiring an engineer with great judgment and a track record of building great customer experiences.
The ideal candidate should have deep end-to-end web application knowledge, thrive in a fast-paced environment, have experience optimizing client-side performance, and mobile development. The candidate should be willing to take on challenging initiatives, and be capable of working both independently and with others on a team. You should not only have a solid background in the fundamentals of software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Strong UX design skills and sound knowledge of UX best practices with the ability to incorporate into solutions.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
- A solid grounding in Computer Science fundamentals, data structures, algorithms and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience working with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, TDD, etc.)
- Eagerness to adopt a lead role in mentoring and developing others.
- Experience with React, React Native, Angular2, Ember, Redux, Yeoman and ES6
- AWS product experience and development using the AWS platform
- Keen interest in staying current with the latest trends and techniques in the industry
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top