Amazon QuickSight is a scalable, serverless, embeddable, machine learning-powered business intelligence (BI) service built for the cloud. QuickSight lets you easily create and publish interactive BI dashboards that include Machine Learning-powered insights. QuickSight dashboards can be accessed from any device, and seamlessly embedded into your applications, portals, and websites.
As a team, diversity, inclusion and equality are important to us. We seek diverse builders from all walks of life to join our team, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
If this is you, Amazon QuickSight is a unique place where you can design and build innovative technologies in a very large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Math or related technical discipline (or the equivalent)
• 3+ years of software development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving
• Proficient in software engineering (process, architecture, algorithms, data structures)
• Proficient in building complex web-based applications utilizing strong design system adherence
• Experience mentoring and training team members on complex technical issues
• Experience delivering low-latency, consumer-internet-scale web services operating in a 24x7 environment
• Experience with building front end engineering platform stack for cross-team or cross product use
• Experience with development on the AWS platform
• Experience with data visualization software is a plus