Front End Software Development Engineer
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
We are looking for an expert Front End Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of UI experiences for our internal and external-facing systems. We are seeking that rare combination of solid coding background, but an aptitude and love to apply cutting edge UI frameworks (NodeJs, ReactJS, etc), challenge the status quo and raise the UX bar on every product you build. You have a proven record of mastering at least one front end framework, and have passion to help us make our front end the best on earth. As a key team member, you will help build and scale a combination of self-service tools, customer-facing shopping experiences on Amazon.com worldwide, rapid UI experimentation and analytics UI interfaces.
The opportunity is boundless and our bar is high. We are looking for an experienced engineer with a proven track record of building high quality services and web UIs. You will be responsible for building products, supporting experiences and services, delivering in a fast, agile, and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving, and championing our work. A strong sense of ownership is a must.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor for what is becoming a huge area of growth for Amazon's advertising business. Join Self Service Performance Advertising today, make history, and transform our experiences.
You may already know if you're a fit, but perhaps you're concerned about technology and experience requirements—don't be. We are looking for smart, proven engineers with a passion for learning and delivering.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or 4+ additional years work experience)
- 3+ years relevant professional development experience
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving
- Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, etc.)
- Domain of ReactJS, NodeJs or a modern front end framework
- Advanced CSS skills
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience improving web latency in complex large scale deployments.
- Ability to convert a design document into a working user interface with no loss in fidelity
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top