Front End Engineer - new AWS initiative
- Boston, MA
AWS is building several new analytics-driven services that will transform the sales and marketing ecosystem. We are looking for innovative, passionate, results-oriented front end engineers to build UI experiences for an exciting new global product. If you are looking to be part of a new strategic AWS initiative, have a startup-DNA, and want to create the next-generation sales engagement offerings, contact us to learn more!
Successful candidates will have a demonstrable track record of success delivering new features or products, have strong OO design and implementation experience, strong knowledge of web services and protocols, and experience delivering large-scale web UIs with frameworks such as AngularJS and React.
You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys building simple and elegant systems using cutting edge technologies in a fast-paced environment, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of building something new that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
Position may be based in Seattle, WA; Dallas, TX; or Boston, MA.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field.
• 3+ years of professional software development experience.
• 2+ years experience in building web applications with frameworks such as React, Angular, JQuery, etc.
• Experience with modern programming languages (i.e. Java, Python, C++, Objective C)
• Advanced/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Experience with MVC frameworks, Struts or Spring, interfaces with AJAX libraries and frameworks (e.g. DOJO, JQuery, AngularJS, etc.)
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the bias of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top