Front End Engineer - IMDb
- Seattle, WA
With great power comes great responsibility... The IMDb consumer site (www.imdb.com) and iOS and Android apps represent the #1 movie site in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology markets inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company Amazon.
IMDb is embarking on a bold re-imagining of the consumer experience built on GraphQL, NextJS and React. We are building an entirely new distributed architecture to support iOS, Android and Web clients. We are seeking an experienced frontend engineer for the web engineering team who will work with technology, product and design leaders to deliver performant and delightful experiences that help entertainment fans explore the world of movies and shows and decide what to watch next.
IMDb is a lot like working for a smaller company with all of the big company benefits. We know each other, we like each other, we share a passion for movies and TV. We believe in hands on career development, setting clear goals and expectations, and being transparent with opportunities to grow your career.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Strong user experience design skills.
• Eye for design and attention to detail.
• Experience with responsive web design, media queries, resolution independent image display, and the ability to deliver outstanding functionality across devices and platforms.
• Design of front-end systems at scale.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience building large-scale web applications.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top