Would you like to be part of a team that is solving new business challenges through innovative technology?
The Team: Physical store technology teams support solutions for Amazon's brick and mortar store. For example, one such store is the Amazon Books store, which offers a curated selection of books and an array of Amazon devices. It is a magical experience that combines the best parts of a neighborhood bookstore with Amazon.com's low prices and the expertise of passionate, knowledgeable staff who tailor their approach to the unique needs of each customer. While we use existing Amazon systems when possible, you'll be working on challenging problems that need innovative solutions specifically for all Amazon's brick and mortar store formats.
The ideal candidate is excited by technology, passionate about learning and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. Everyone on the team needs to be entrepreneurial, excited to work in a "green field", wear many hats and work in a highly collaborative environment that is more startup than big company.
The Role: How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team that is tasked with solving a huge business problem through innovative technology? Would you like to know more about how computer vision and machine learning can be used to solve these problems? If this sounds intriguing, then we'd like to talk to you about a role on a new Amazon team tackling a set of problems requiring significant innovation.
The Role: We are looking for a smart, creative, and results-oriented Front-End Engineer who is excited by unique challenges and is passionate about using the latest technologies to solve customers' needs. This is an excellent opportunity for a developer who is looking for a growth position with a high level of ownership in a small, growing team. Come join a team in which builders build software and delight customers! You will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
This position is for the UPSELL team, a new initiative offering new shopping experience to customers in Physical Stores.
• Experience with object-oriented design
1) Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
2) 5+ Years of experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services. Track record delivering front-end software that is correct, stable, high performance, secure, and accessibility compliant.
3) Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node.
4) Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, JQuery, etc.
5) Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
6) Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
7) Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
8) Understanding of software engineering practices, OOD, design patterns, data structures and algorithms.
1) Strong architectural and system design skills with ability to do full stack development if required.
2) Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
3) Familiarity with AWS and have built apps leveraging its offerings.
4) Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations.