Front End Engineer II
- Vancouver, Canada
Our team builds customer-facing content on the Retail Website and internal tools to support that content. If you would like to build something that you can point your friends and family to on the actual website and say "I work on that" then this is the team for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic front end engineer who is passionate about solving problems, seeks to understand the customer's needs, and focuses on outcomes rather than accolades.
The right candidate will thrive in a cooperative team environment, enjoy working through complex and ambiguous problems, and will collaborate with our partner teams to design our tech platforms, frameworks, and processes. Good communication and interpersonal skills because we are a multi-disciplinary team. Our developers work closely and productively with designers, program managers, and business stakeholders.
In this role you will:
• Own technical design and feature development for front end components that present products, banners, events, and other customer facing experiences on the retail website.
• Work directly with the engineering team in Austin and Seattle to deliver front end content at a high bar.
• Communicate with engineers, product managers, and designers on our team and other teams as needed to complete project assignments.
• Describe software features and limitations, committed to finding the best path forward for new features and integrations, troubleshoot and resolve bugs on existing systems, and design and implement new systems in a continuous improvement model.
• Be obsessed with addressing customer needs.
• Work hard, have fun, make history!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - React, Angular
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Back to top