Front End Engineer II
- Vancouver, Canada
Do you want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? As an Amazon subsidiary, we learn from and contribute to one of the strongest technology groups in the world, while being small and nimble enough to iterate quickly on our opportunities to shape the future of the fashion retail industry. Our team owns Shopbop's browse and product recommendation experience used by millions of customers.
How do you know if you are a good fit for us?
• You enjoy leading, learning from, and mentoring a group of like minded high performers to tackle hard problems in a fast paced environment.
• You are comfortable with ambiguity and collaborate effectively with stake holders to take projects from ideation to production
• You have excellent technical skills, communication skills, and problem solving skills.
• You are a team player with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, drive, and humility
• You love identifying opportunities for improvement
If this sounds like you, and you are looking for a high morale, high performing team, this is the right place for you.
About Shopbop | East Dane
Since its launch in 2000 as a modestly sized online boutique specializing in hard-to-find denim lines, Shopbop has grown to become one of the leading fashion retailers in the world. Curated with a chic, modern woman in mind, Shopbop offers a comprehensive collection of designer apparel and accessories to suit every style and occasion.
Called "the editors of what's cool" by Daily Candy, and recognized by The Wall Street Journal as having "the best customer service," we are committed to staying ahead of the curve and providing a personalized shopping experience. A champion of new design talent and a pioneer in the magazine-meets-boutique approach to online shopping, Shopbop showcases its fashion-forward point of view in editorial lookbook features and receives frequent mention in Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, and Elle. Shopbop's Exclusives section features limited-edition pieces from top designers available only at Shopbop. We are not resting on our laurels. We have the pleasure of delighting some of the world's most passionate clothing and apparel shoppers worldwide.
Amazon and its subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Strong fundamentals in front end data structures and algorithms
• Working knowledge of state management systems and interacting with REST/GraphQL APIs
• Knowledge of software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous deployment, automated testing, business analytics, and monitoring/alarming
• Understanding of SEO, Security, Performance, Accessibility, Internationalization
• Experience driving decisions with stakeholders via verbal and written communication
• Experience in one or more modern client side rendering frameworks such as React, Angular or Vuejs
• Experience working with server side web frameworks like Spring MVC, ExpressJS, or similar
• Experience designing REST and/or GraphQL API's in NodeJS or Java
• Experience with automated cross-platform (device/browser) testing
Back to top