Amazon Web Services has been the world's most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 160 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world, including; the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies. AWS Worldwide Revenue Operations is a diverse team that supports infrastructure and other foundational initiatives that span and support Sales, Marketing and Support teams within AWS.
The AWS CRM Team within Worldwide Revenue Operations is looking to hire a Front End Engineer to work on one of the largest Salesforce instances at Amazon. The successful candidate will join a growing team of designers and engineers responsible for the design, development, and testing on the Salesforce platform. They will own development and maintenance of a newly created design system on Salesforce Lightning, Skuid, and other web platforms. In addition to decomposing problems into clear software and UX design actions, the ideal candidate will be instrumental in shaping the product direction and will be actively involved in defining key product features that influence the business. You will be responsible for maintaining a high software quality bar on the end user experience.
You must be able to:
• Have the ability to work with a design team and translate wire-frames into a scalable front-end architecture.
• Have prior experience in Angular, React and other front-end libraries and are eager to learn and grow.
• Have strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Understand how to optimize the delivery of code and assets (e.g., images, fonts) to a browser or device (e.g., lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc.).
• Have solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Have the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
• 2 years of professional front end development around the user experience, an eye for design and attention to detail, and experience with responsive web design.
• Experience in developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• Experience in developing front-end software, with deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery etc.), UI Test Automation frameworks, and MVC frameworks.
• Experience with view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support).
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises)
• Experience working with Salesforce Lightning components and Skuid.
• Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation