Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Do you want to be a part of the team that builds Amazon's Most Customer Centric Technologies?
Our team builds software for a new messaging-based contact channel for Amazon Customer Service with an Automated Assistant (ChatBot) that uses new cutting edge technologies and ML. Despite continuous improvements in our self-service offerings on Amazon.com, many customers still prefer to get support using natural language. Our intention is to answer questions and solve customer problems using automation to allow us to scale globally across many languages for the millions of customers that use our marketplaces every day.
We are looking for strong front-end engineers who are results-oriented, data focused, passionate, and innovative in creating new, comprehensive customer engagement services and solutions. You'll work on cutting edge technology such as such as React, Redux, Flow, Webpack, ES6+, and AWS to build the world's most innovative customer experience solutions.
As a Front-end Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new customer facing products and interfaces, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. Your solutions will provide the ultimate customer service experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's questions using a bot as mentioned in Forbes. You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
We use Scrum and continuous deployment to deliver projects based on realistic timelines and resource constraints.
We are seeking experienced Front-end Engineers excited by this opportunity. If this sounds interesting, we'd love to hear from you.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience.
• 2+ years industry experience as a software development engineer, web development engineer, front end engineer or similar
• Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Proficiency in testing front-end applications and automated browser testing
• Experience with AWS technologies like Lambda, EC2, S3, Kibana and others
• Practical experience with engineering best practices
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Passion for developing products which provide a great customer experience
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top