Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK) team in AWS Developer Tools is looking for a frontend software engineer to help us build a brand new developer experience for CDK developers. Developers all over the world are building abstractions and infrastructure patterns using the AWS CDK, the CDK for Kubernetes (cdk8s), and other CDK flavors. In this role, you will have an opportunity to build a new experience that helps CDK developers find and use construct libraries in that growing ecosystem.
We are looking for a talented frontend engineer who is deeply passionate about developer tooling for cloud-based applications to help us create this vision. If you are passionate about developer experiences, UIs, and you dream of building new developer tools that will delight developers and make them more efficient and productive, you should apply for this new position with the AWS CDK team.
A successful candidate will be a can-do leader who thrives in ambiguity, deep dives well, communicates clearly and has a consistent track record of delivery for high-quality frontend projects. You should be passionate about web experience and technologies, and love to stay up to date on the evolving landscape of frontend tooling and design patterns. Prior experience with developer tooling, AWS, and the open-source community is a plus.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud providerfrom infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databasesto emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. AWS Platform is the glue that holds the AWS ecosystem together. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years professional experience in software development.
• Experience with open-source development.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in full-stack development.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Experience building developer tooling.
• Attuned design sense to collaborate with UX designers and hold a high design bar.
• Experience building applications with the AWS Cloud Development Kit.
• Experience with with CI/CD in a frontend context.
• Experience establishing and leveraging web analytics.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top