Are you interested in building the next generation AWS Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems that power the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we track the gear that forms the foundation of AWS? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The SCM Offers team is responsible for increasing the efficiency (e.g. reducing delays in PO creation, automated approvals of offers etc.) and eliminating errors in the quotation management process for AWS Infrastructure. As a Front-end Engineer on this team, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior software engineers to drive improvements to our technology, design and develop new customer facing products and interfaces, and build and track metrics to ensure high quality results. You should be someone who enjoys working on complex system software, and feels strongly about building a software system that can be operated at global scale.
A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact. If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front-end development.
• Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Masters degree in CS or an engineering discipline
• 5+ years of professional front end development.
• Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
• Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
• Supply Chain Management domain experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us