Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
What is the team?
The vision of Workforce Intelligence (WFI) is to design the ideal workforce to meet the customer promise anywhere. This organization leads and influences global workforce strategies that enable Amazon to scale more efficiently while also providing a unique voice for the hourly workforce. This is accomplished through a variety of science driven initiatives, KPI analysis and reporting, and predictive modeling. Amazon's mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world and Workforce Staffing (WFS), the organization responsible for hourly associate hiring globally, is on the front lines of that mission and will be your core customer in this role.
In the Workforce Staffing Organization, Workforce Intelligence Core Engineering Services is responsible for building web applications that influence global workforce strategies. The Front End Engineer on this team will be responsible for building customer workflows that will support highly available and easy analysis of the workforce funnel. A successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys converting complex front-end problems in simple and intuitive customer workflows. The candidate will also possess strong communication skills to effectively interface between technical and business teams, working together with Product Managers, Data Engineers/Scientists Business Analysts, and other Software Engineers.
What is the role?
As an FEE II in WFI-CES team, you will be responsible for contributing towards the team's product roadmap, and the vision for landing hiring data into the hands of our customers. You will get to work on some of the key initiatives planned to support our rapid evolution and growth of the org and in the process solve some of the most challenging problems. You will frequently be working backwards from the customer to help the team build services and products that allows our internal customers to make informed decisions. This is an opportunity to Think Big and create an engaging experience on a new platform that our customers will love. You will have flexibility to drive changes to our front-end architecture, framework and be able to work with UX design in bringing in new features. Since we own the entire product if you would also love to expand your skills in non-frontend areas there will be ample opportunities available to you grow.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- 2+ years of professional front end development.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, React and Node.
- Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
- Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile/TDD/BDD.
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience in React.JS, Redux framework and associated libraries.
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback.
- Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
- Experience with AWS services.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top