Amazon is looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Software Development Engineers with a strong background in Service Engineering to accelerate development of Amazon Quicksight Q by owning important subsystems, overseeing their development, mentoring your teammates, coding critical-path code, and continuously Learning and Being Curious.
Q is a machine learning-powered natural language capability that empowers business users to ask questions about all of their data using everyday business language and get answers in seconds. For example, users simply type "what is our year-over-year growth rate" and get an instant answer in QuickSight as a visualization.
Amazon QuickSight is revolutionizing Business Intelligence by empowering anyone to use the power of machine learning and Amazon AI to enhance their understanding of data. QuickSight can already help discover hidden insights using Anomaly Detection, enable ML-powered forecasting, and use automatic text generation generate business narratives directly from the data. But we're not stopping here, we remain with helping our customers harness the power of artificial intelligence to help them understand and visualize their data.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position may involve on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline and 3+ years' professional experience in front-end development.
• Strong UX design skills, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Experience leading technical projects across all stages of development, including ideation, architecture, design, implementation, and operational readiness
• 5+ years' professional experience in front end development.
• Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions
• Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design pattern
• Familiarity with all aspect of software service development, including common service building blocks like architectural patterns, and available services, that enable you to efficiently turn business ideas into production architectures.
• Interest in advancing the design and architecture of our existing systems to make them more maintainable, easy to use, and operationally sound
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.