Come join the AWS Marketplace Team in our mission to change the way enterprise software is bought and sold! AWS Marketplace enables software sellers to reach all AWS customers, and it enables software buyers to easily discover, purchase and consume software. Our goals include enriching the platform to support more diverse selection, improving buyer and seller experience and implementing new capabilities to improve the products and offerings. Our vision is to make AWS Marketplace one stop shop for buying and selling software in the cloud just like Amazon.com is for retail.
AWS Marketplace is looking for engineers to solve challenging problems and help evolve the service. As a Front End Engineer (FEE) on the AWS Marketplace team, you will be a key contributor to the future direction and growth of the User Experiences and systems.
As a FEE on the team you will own significant portions of the product and will have influence on our strategy by helping define the next wave of user experiences, product features and system architecture. You will be on a highly collaborative team that architects and builds solutions at AWS scale, resolves customer challenges, and maintains/enhances the operational excellence that creates loyal AWS customers.
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in the Austin, TX office and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
This position involves periodic on-call rotation. We don't like getting paged, so we build our systems fault tolerant and root cause problems so we're not paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to train new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
This is a full-time position and is based in our Austin, TX office.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 3+ years of non-internship software development experience, with an emphasis on web applications
• Experience building rich data-driven web applications
• Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.