Front End Engineer - Amazon Web Services
- Denver, CO
Amazon's AWS Infrastructure team builds and manages Amazon's worldwide data centers. We are seeking an experienced Front End Engineer to design and develop interfaces for managing power and cooling equipment in our data centers worldwide.
The effectiveness and value of the systems we build are influenced and controlled by the interfaces they expose to their users. You should be a talented and experienced frontend developer with expertise in web UI and AJAX-based interactive application development. You should have a background in the fundamentals of software development, and have a deep understanding of best practices in various languages/technologies. You should love creating things and take great personal pride in building engaging and innovative interfaces.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
• 4+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years developing rich user interfaces using modern web frameworks (such as React, Angular, and Vue)
• Experience in a Unix/Linux environment
• OO design and coding skills in multiple languages (such as Java, Python)
• Self-directed, demonstrate leadership potential and a team player
• Experience creating efficient, scalable web interfaces
• Understanding of web services technologies such HTTP and REST
• Experience with controls systems and protocols such as Modbus and BACnet
• Experience with AWS services such as Lambda, EC2, S3, and AWS IoT
• Degree preferably in computer science or a similar technical discipline
• Genuinely excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building compelling web applications and UI
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
This position starts at $114,800 a year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top