What is Amazon Advertising?
Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of devices (Kindles, Fire tablets, Fire TV, Alexa, mobile, Twitch, and more). We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you're interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, highly respected advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you've come to the right place.
What does Campaign Management, the hiring team, do?
The Campaign Management team within Amazon Advertising is building the next generation of products and services that will fuel the growth of Amazon's advertising business. We own multiple customer facing facets of Amazon's Demand Side Platform (DSP), which allow brands of all sizes to buy advertising across Amazon's ad network in a few clicks. Brands interact directly or through external Agencies/Integrators, through our website and/or programmatic APIs and get enterprise-grade access (ex. 100+ campaign controls, 150+ metrics, 15 million+ placement choices, 1000+ campaigns/customer/day).
What is the Campaign Management team looking for?
If I were hired, what would I be working on?
With our team you'll get the opportunity to contribute to major deliverables building out the DSP. You'll work with product owners, UX designers, and SDEs to scope, design, implement, test and launch new features to simplify, automate, and reduce the effort to create and optimize ad campaigns. Our team is continuing to grow and we need to a re-examine our existing architecture and define a bold vision for the next phase focused on ease of use, scaling and developer agility. We are currently using a mix of React/Web Components/JSP/Backbone.js and other libraries on the client that have evolved over the past 4 years. Is it time to refactor our stack? What pieces should stay? What should go? What should our target state be? How do we get there? You will be a leader in answering these questions. You will also build customer-facing functionality to put your architecture and designs ideas into practice to delight our customers.
Why should I join your team?
Be a part of a team that is investing heavily in both User Experiences and User Interfaces in a growing business. Work on major changes to order entry workflows, not just tweaks. Work together with a data-driven team spanning product ownership, UX, and development to delight customers. You will have major influence on our architecture and get to build out functionality using modern web tools and libraries. Solve interesting scale problems as we increase our customer base and grow volume 5x. Our overarching mission is to create a frictionless campaign management experience. We will simplify, automate and reduce effort at every turn for our advertising customers to put the right ad in front of the right audience at the right time in a cost effective manner.
• Designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business
• Define requirements, create software designs, and implement code to these specifications
• Provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders
Impact and Career Growth:
• Have an opportunity to contribute across the full stack
• Build the next generation of Advertising platforms for Amazon
• Opportunity to grow and broaden your technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
• Mentor new engineers that join our growing organization
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
• Experience with object-oriented design
• Familiarity with React, Vue, Angular or another modern front end framework
• Familiarity with server side rendering frameworks (e.g. Spring MVC, Node.js)
• Familiarity with Java or other server side OOO languages
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, Dynamo)
• Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g. Jest, Mocha, Jasmine) and a strong bias to implement automated tests