Front End Engineer
- New York, NY
The Amazon Container Services User Experience (UX) team is looking for Front End Engineers (FEEs) to build next-generation web interfaces that are used by ECS and ECR customers to run, manage, and monitor container resources at scale.
Containers are a new compute primitive that enable customers to build and run modern applications in the cloud. Joining the team exposes you to challenges that can be solved by applying your knowledge of frontend development frameworks and best practices. You should be somebody who is interested in how the various components (browsers, networks, protocols and web servers) work together and understand how they can be effectively used together to create a great user experience. This role will allow you to refine and develop your skills by working on challenging problems with other exceptional engineers and teams. The ideal candidate is obsessive about creating the perfect user experience and has a mindset of continuous improvement.
To learn more about our consoles, visit https://aws.amazon.com/ecs/ and https://aws.amazon.com/ecr/
• At least a four year degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent.
• 5+ years of industry experience in a software development environment
• Experience with relational databases and backend programming.
• Customer focus.
• Experience designing new features and interfaces for the web.
• Optimizing current products to improve its performance and usability.
• Support, troubleshooting and resolving of critical issues in production.
• Working with a team, to achieve the ultimate user experience.
• Analyzing application and user metrics to define our team strategy.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as C++, C#, Java, Python or Ruby
• Expertise in delivering high quality, innovative applications
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Back to top