Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
The AWS Infrastructure group is responsible for forecasting, ordering, procuring, setting up and operating all AWS infrastructure. This includes data center setup, equipment purchase, installation and operation of servers with power and cooling, inventory management and other such decisions.
The Supply Chain OS (SC.os) group within AWS infrastructure is building a new suite of tools to automate all AWS supply chain planning. We are responsible for tactical decision making such as data center operations, demand fulfillment, replenishment, as well a long term decision making like inventory management, network design and others.
The solutions we develop are scalable to sustain rapid AWS growth, and also flexible to support the evolving AWS supply chain. The Customer Order and Forecast Management specifically is responsible for building order management and forecast management products, which involves using simulations, predictive learning and other sciences to provide a great customer experience to customers.
We are looking for Front End Engineers who want to work on challenging, high impact problems in a full stack environment. The services and applications we own are responsible for processing billions of dollars in spend and millions of transactions per year, resulting in us having a huge opportunity to move the needle in a positive direction.
The team has a great group of senior engineering and science talent, so it will be a great place for someone to deliver results, while also learning and progressing their career. The team uses a variety of technology in building the product suite which is all based on core AWS technologies.
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ Years' experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• 3+ Years' of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
• 3+ years of experience delivering front-end software that is stable, secure and high performant
• 3+ years of experience developing rich applications with HTML, CSS, JS, Node
• 3+ years of experience developing front-end software, with experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks (like ReactJS and AngularJS), UI Test Automation frameworks, MVC frameworks.
• Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Experience in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, promises, etc.).
• Experience in view layout and rendering technologies (e.g., responsiveness, progressive enhancement, browser/device support). Knows when it is appropriate to make graceful fallbacks.
• Knowledge of engineering and operational excellence best practices.
• Instrument software with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top