Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Come and be part of the AWS Supply Chain team and build systems that enable AWS to rapidly grow and continue to be the pioneer and widely recognized leader in Cloud Computing, and have direct and immediate impact on the hundreds of thousands developers and businesses around the world who use AWS every day.
Do you love building applications that leverage Human Centered Design and reactive User Interface development? Do you enjoy developing a common design language for a large organization that can be effectively used across multiple teams? Do you enjoy simplifying the lives of your users by enabling them to consume the right information and make the right supply chain decisions for businesses without being overwhelmed with unnecessary data?
Frontend engineers at Amazon partner with the customers, stakeholders, product managers and UX designers to define and execute the product goals. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader, but you don't just know how to solve the problem, you prove it by building the solution, have a high bar for code quality and passion for design and coding best practices.
You will work on both desktop and mobile customer experiences, make the most out of the modern tools and be part of an engineering team that is focused on building enterprise applications at scale.
• Bachelor's or equivalent years of experience
• 3+ years of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
• 4+ years of experience in multi-tier web architecture
• Master's or equivalent years of experience
• Familiarity with ReactJS, , Native, Webpack, and Typescript
• Familiarity with JSS
• Familiarity with Jest
• Familiarity with WPO (Web Performance Optimization)
• Familiar with web security, SEO, accessibility and internationalization
• Familiar with performance optimizations and trends
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Willing to go the extra mile to do things right and fast
• Able to learn large scale complex systems quickly
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Back to top