Front End Engineer
- Seattle, WA
We are looking for high caliber and tested Front End Engineers to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most intriguing problems in software architecture design and building highly scalable services.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership skills, and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you enjoy designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale and solving challenging problems, come join us!
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
• 2+ years of professional front end development.
• Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
• Experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
• Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
• Experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• Exposure to Front-end libraries/framework - React, Angular
• Understands how to optimize the delivery of code and assets to a browser or device
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Ability to decompose a problem into clear software and UX design actions.
• Ability to articulate the benefits and challenges of depending on front-end libraries, frameworks, and tool-sets.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top