Software Development Engineer
- Seattle, WA
Our team and technology is responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and laws worldwide. We are rapidly growing as a team and if you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast paced environment, this is the place for you!
As a part of our growth and expansion, we are creating brand new teams in Seattle and Nashville that will start building new hiring solutions that decompose different phases of the hiring process on an Amazon built tech stack.
As a Front End Engineer you will drive the development of an external facing global mobile first web asset that will be used by millions of applicants that aspire to work at Amazon. You will own creating a friction free application experience that allows a candidate to focus on what they want versus feeling like they are simply filling out lots of forms.
• Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
• Execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams. Be the evangelist and point of contact for your team.
• Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
• Collaborate with peer leaders to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the organization.
We want you if -
• You strive to build highly responsive, intuitive, and sleek experiences for customers. You know about the nuances, pitfalls, strengths, and associated best practices of the various web application paradigms (single-page apps, MVC apps, static site generators, etc.)
• You are able to independently, drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
• You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
• You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
• You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
• You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
• Track record delivering correct, stable, performant, and secure front-end software
• Strong knowledge of front-end frameworks like React, Angular, and Backbone
• Familiarity with object-oriented design and RESTful web services
• Proficiency in at least one back-end programming language, e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, PHP, C#, or Node.js.
• Experience instrumenting applications with real user metrics to reflect the customer experience
• Willingness to mentor junior engineers
• Experience architecting large-scale multi-tier web applications
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top